Who is Responsible for What Equipment
Freeborn-Mower Cooperative Services owns, maintains, and is responsible for the following:
- Wires from the transformer to the meter pole and the electrical connections on those wires
- Meter pole, guy wires, ground wire and ground rod
- The electric meter.
- Repair of wires connecting the underground electrical transformer to the meter.
- Locating faults that occur on wires connecting the underground electrical transformer to the electric meter and the connections.
Our members are responsible for maintaining the following:
- The meter loop, including the meter socket.
- Fuses and/or breaker panels, including disconnect switches.
- Secondary service wires leaving the meter pole and connecting to other buildings/locations and the connections to those wires.
- Location and repair of secondary service wires extending from the meter to other building and those connection.
- Any disconnect switches, fuses, and/or breaker panels at the meter.
- The meter socket and mounting panel.