If you experience a Power Outage:
- Call to report the outage with the below information at 1-800-734-6421
- Service Location
- Phone Number of where you can be reached
- If someone in your household is on life support
- Or report through your SmartHub Account
When an outage occurs, we focus on restoring service interruptions as quickly
and efficiently as possible, without sacrificing safety. Our primary goal is to safely
restore power to the greatest number of customer in the shortest time possible.
Unfortunately, when outages occur, we can't restore everyone's power at the same time.
Damage often occurs at numerous points in the distribution system. We systematically repair
n the most efficient manner, following a sequence that restores power to large groups of
consumers before tackling smaller groups and individual consumers.
If your power goes out, please take the following steps to determine the cause of the problem.
- Check the fuses or circuit breakers and replace or reset as needed. If this proves to be the cause, the problem is most likely with your own wiring and you may want to contact a licensed electrician. If our crew responds to an outage call and the trouble is with your own electric service you will be charged for a service call.
- Call your neighbor to see if their lights are out, too. If they are, then the trouble is probably somewhere on our lines.