Doing the Summer Shift - What does that mean?
This summer, Freeborn-Mower Cooperative will encourage members to shift their electric use on weekdays between the hours of 11:00 am to 7:00 pm during the months of June, July and August.
During those times, our region's wholesale power costs are the highest.
Members have the ability to help save money on the cooperative’s wholesale power bill, which in turn will keep costs down to the members.
Powering down (or shifting usage) this summer is essential to control costs and it's easy:
- During the week shift electric use to times outside of 11:00 am and 7:00 pm.
- Delay the start of the dishwasher.
- Turn up the thermostat a few degrees.
- Shift the start of laundry.
- Be conscientious of electric use when using computers, TVs and gaming systems during that time frame.
- Take advantage of natural light in offices and homes.
- Put the dehumidifier on a timer.
Also, look for information and reminders in our June, July and August editions of the County Lines Newsletters.
We'd Like To Hear From You...
As a member of an electric cooperative, you have a voice.
Click here to submit a comment or question.